Plastic Surgery

Reli

Boomus Fidelis
JustCruisin said:
Here's the color I've had in mind, with those new white speakers it'd be TOO FRESH!! :breakdance:
It's a paint made in the UK, I've been trying to find an easy US distributor..
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

If not, I'll have to mix up my own concoction of different pearl Basecoats.. :yes: I call it Aqua Ice Mint!
BMW Moonstone Metallic is a bit like that.

You could probably get close to it by putting candy blue over a white pearl base.

JustCruisin said:
I had planned on using the original internals, so I could have FM and AUX.. But, I'm not against running a bigger D amp!
I have a Lepai, but think I'd need one with bigger RMS to push these speakers..
What rechargeable cell do you use in your DIY boxes..? :hmmm:
The Lepai pumps out 20 watts RMS per channel - trust me, those sensitive boombox speakers are going to get a real workout!!!! Incidently, I hooked up a set of Sanyo M9998 speakers to the Lepai and they definitely couldn't handle even 1/3rd volume!

Sticking with a 12v amp will also simplify the battery setup. I use a SLA 7.2 aH battery. Although heavy, the SLA does give plenty of clean power for few $$$s plus the charger for this battery is cheap too. You could also opt for a 4 aH cell for reduced weight.

Get ready for massive runtimes!!

Mattinthebox

Member (SA)
That box is absolutely stunning & can't imagine the number of hours that went into this build.
You're definitely a master of your craft :frankenstein: , I've never attempted to weld plastic but I'm sure it's gotta take a steady hand.

What's the price tag on nice new speakers fresh outta the box or is it taboo to ask? :unknown:

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
blu_fuz said:
He had the heat shiat off so he had to burn the log to stay warm.
:lol: I actually did pull off the woodgrain wrap last week so I can finish up the bodywork.. I look at it everyday, just need to commit some precious time to it!

Lasonic TRC-920

JustCruisin said:
:lol: I actually did pull off the woodgrain wrap last week so I can finish up the bodywork.. I look at it everyday, just need to commit some precious time to it!
I got the same thing going with the Maggi project. I need to go to the store for supplies!

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
I got the same thing going with the Maggi project. I need to go to the store for supplies!
It takes a lot of work to go the extra mile! I'm excited to see your Blaster Build proceed as well.. :yes: :cool:

Lasonic TRC-920

JustCruisin said:
Got my paint today..Still not done with the bodywork, but at least now ill be motivated to get this color on it!
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Oh man, Is that pearl?

This is one of those projects I am dying to see finished and ROCKIN' down the street. It's just for freakin' BONKERS! :clap:

Cretster

Member (SA)
Noob here, and just checking into this thread to offer suitable level of respect for this masterpiece in the making (and for the person who posted up their similar project).

Fantastic and inspiring! :bow: