Uher Power Port 2 only one channel

Arbusto67

Member (SA)
For shorting the two pins I used a piece of wire but did not solder it. I will try and replace the low voltage capacitors on the board, I have read that they are the most sensitive to ageing.

dagga360

Member (SA)
I have the schematic for the Solavox P74L which is the same machine rebranded if that’s any good to you?

Arbusto67

Member (SA)
Hi dagga360, never heard about that brand and model, searched the internet but found nothing. If it really is the same device rebranded it would be really great to have a schematic, at least I'd have a good starting point to try and trace the left channel path. Thanks a lot!

Arbusto67

Member (SA)
Finally found an old eBay ad regarding the Solavox P 74L, it's identical to my Uher Power Port 2, incredible how many akas there were back then...

dagga360

Member (SA)
I'll get entire thing scanned at work tomorrow as i only have a tiny photo scanner but here's someSCAN0028.JPGthing to go on.
let me know if you need a certain part scanned til then

Last edited:

Arbusto67

Member (SA)
Exceptional work, I will never be grateful enough my friend...
I suspect that in mine the problem resides in the preamp section, so I need the part of the scheme with the inputs, the source switch, the tones, balance and volume controls, essentially what is before the power amp IC. Now I am at work, when I will return home I will give a good view at the various scans.
Thanks again a lot, this is the definitive help I needed to try and solve this problem.

Arbusto67

Member (SA)
Many, many thanks! Printed the scheme and this weekend I'll study it, will try and isolate the caps (and other components) that are in the left channel path, maybe replacing some of them I'll be able to have sound again, let's hope for the best.