Sharp vz2000 left channel not working any ideas?

Charlie131

I have no sound going to the left speakers at all I've read up as much as i can and tried everything I've found.
I have changed the 401 audio chip no differense so in going to change the 402 audio chip. Otherwise I'm at a loss.
There is nothing coming along any of the speaker wires to the left side grok the amp so the issue has to be there. Thanks in advance.

Superduper

Staff member
Does this set have a mono or wide setting? Does the bad channel come to life if placed in either of those 2 settings? Also did you clean all the jacks? Especially the headphones and external speaker jacks.

Charlie131

Does this set have a mono or wide setting? Does the bad channel come to life if placed in either of those 2 settings? Also did you clean all the jacks? Especially the headphones and external speaker jacks.
Hi nothing makes the left side work at all no crackling or anything.
I plug headphones in and they work both sides.
On radio it has fm or fm stereo but no difference to the left side can hear the change on right

Last edited:

Superduper

Staff member
It sounds like your headphones or external speaker jacks might have broken connection internally.

Superduper

Staff member
Look, you mentioned that the headphone jack works fine in both channels. Situated between the amplifier output and the speaker terminals are the following:

Headphone jack
External speaker switch and jacks.

IF you are getting both L/R out of the headphone jack, that means that the balance control is working fine, and the amplifier is outputting a signal on both channels. The external speaker switch rare gets used so it's not uncommon for corrosion or oxidation to build up making for poor connections. Same with the headphone jack. However the headphone jack also has a spring terminal that normally routes the signal through to the speakers. When you insert the plug, it pushes up on that spring terminal and routes the signal to the headphone instead. In cases where the plug is always inserted, the spring terminal could lose tension and if that occurs, it may not be able to contact or push down with enough force to close the circuit. I really think you ought to look further into this. That is if you are certain that the headphone works on both channels.

Reactions: Charlie131

Charlie131

Look, you mentioned that the headphone jack works fine in both channels. Situated between the amplifier output and the speaker terminals are the following:

Headphone jack
External speaker switch and jacks.

IF you are getting both L/R out of the headphone jack, that means that the balance control is working fine, and the amplifier is outputting a signal on both channels. The external speaker switch rare gets used so it's not uncommon for corrosion or oxidation to build up making for poor connections. Same with the headphone jack. However the headphone jack also has a spring terminal that normally routes the signal through to the speakers. When you insert the plug, it pushes up on that spring terminal and routes the signal to the headphone instead. In cases where the plug is always inserted, the spring terminal could lose tension and if that occurs, it may not be able to contact or push down with enough force to close the circuit. I really think you ought to look further into this. That is if you are certain that the headphone works on both channels.
Well as certain as i can be
I get sound in both sides of the headphones.
Sorry if i tasks a but to reply I've subscribed to my post but not getting the email notification

floyd

Member (SA)
Well as certain as i can be
I get sound in both sides of the headphones.
Sorry if i tasks a but to reply I've subscribed to my post but not getting the email notification
In your notification settings there's a second checkbox that you have to check in order to receive emails for new content or messages pertaining to your threads.

Reactions: Charlie131

wayne916

Member (SA)
I had the same problem after a reassemble, lost sound from the left speaker, I found the problem to be the speaker connection plug and socket at the base of the speaker (CNP402 and CNS402). When pushing the connector together it was pushing two of the pins out of the speaker connector, service manual part No CNP402