Sharp vz 3510 help identifying a internal part please.

Steve gee

Hi, new member but totally foxed on identifying a part found on top of tape deck area.
Ive fixed a few of these vz machines mainly belts in past but after recently changing player belt on vz3510 all seemed good moved on then to tape deck section and before i could undo any screws noticed the offending hooked needle piece as per photos literally lying in spot on top of tape deck as per photo. Thinking i might find where it came from later proceeded to change belts and all works fine. However despite mechanics all working great the function button has no effect and theres no lights on tape deck dolby/record etc or night light on radio area. Semi Pressing and holding the tape function switch gets slight crackle and thats it otherwise its not selecting anything. Checked eveything possible replaced all fuses behind turntable lightly cleaned the circuit boards in tape radio section removed and reinsirted all leads still no change. Checked the parts diagram in the service manual and cant see this part and not even sure it has any purpose in the problem. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• _20210223_144253.JPG
    _20210223_144253.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 21
  • _20210223_144326.JPG
    _20210223_144326.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 21

iainjh

Member (SA)
Ive just taken my vz 3500 apart to change tape belts.. and theres a metal clip like that on the bottom left red fixing screw in your pic. it presses on the bundle of multicoloured wires in your picture. Orientated up and to the right. It doesnt seem to do anything but press the wires in place

EDIT - and on my 3500 ( I had to get help with this bit so i cant offer much real help) the record player turned, but the amp didnt function. Nor did the tape deck or the tuner red light. Traced to near the power regulator. it outputs 31v or thereabouts, theres a zener diode and fusible link thats blown on mine so wasnt powering the right side of the set . I'm fairly sure it was my fault touching something when it was on. Doh!

good luck! Ive found the 3500 delicate but much much easier to work on than the 3000.