M90 FM and other band selector buttons

snuci

I have an M90 that has partial sound coming in one speaker when I select the radio. If I press in the FM button, it's then fine. I had it apart and tried Detox-it on those switches but I don't think I am actually getting any in them. Is there a specific method to getting Detox-it within the switches? I tried pushing the switch in and squirting through the hole on top but that didn't help.

Thanks for any replies.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
I have the same problem. I did the same as you and tried spraying through the front as well. The only thing that worked for me was constant, repeatedly depressing and re-pressing the FM button. I think it helps get the Deoxit into the switch. It's not perfect but it did last for quite some time.

Tinman

Member (SA)
I spray it into where the button shaft enters the body of the switch with the button pointed up so it collects inside.
I just finished my M90 and trust me, it gets in there.
I actually saw the deoxit moving around inside through the white body.
Make sure you turn the tuner board in all directions as you cycle through the buttons so it gets all over the contacts and cleans them.
Deoxit wouldn't work on my first M90 so I ended up removing and taking the FM switch apart.
That's a tough, tedious job that I wouldn't recommend doing except as a last resort.
You get into cutting and repairing a metal piece that locks each individual switch down when it's selected.