I'm so sick of parcel delivery companies!

floyd

Member (SA)
Worth every penny when you open it up and that M90 is safe and sound from it's international travels.
This is actually how I felt when the 2nd m90 I bought came from Puerto Rico and the way it was packed is they wrapped cardboard around the radio about ten times then capped the ends with 10 layers of cardboard squared it was liked a shipping tube and the ends were longer than the radio. This made the shell very strong but still light enough and small enough to get through customs. The seller told me I have to make the package as small as possible because he was having problems with the size of the box at customs. Made it here fine even though they just plopped it on the counter at the post office when I picked it up.

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
i had radios arrived damaged in the last few months, ICS STR5091 From Belgium, arrived with a crack and hole in the back and the mains transformer stuck to the speaker magnet, a Crown Sz5100 with plastic rattling around inside it and a screw post broken, and this Philips Le Cube last week that arrived with the corner smashed to bits and antenna snapped off..

Attachments

• 20240201_174141.jpg
    20240201_174141.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 10

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
i had the exact same box described as fully working cost 100 no refund,,,,gave it away free it was scrap no refund nothing:mad:
i Scrapped a PCX500 a couple of months ago, i kept the speakers and Mains Transformer from it but they rest of it was thrown away.. only thing that worked on it was the radio and Amp, Tape and CD was dead.. i tried to give it to a friend to take to work with him but he didn't want it. i didn't know what else to do with it.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
i had radios arrived damaged in the last few months, ICS STR5091 From Belgium, arrived with a crack and hole in the back and the mains transformer stuck to the speaker magnet, a Crown Sz5100 with plastic rattling around inside it and a screw post broken, and this Philips Le Cube last week that arrived with the corner smashed to bits and antenna snapped off..
It's sad that I keep a package of JB Weld around the house for nothing but boombox repairs courtesy of careless shipping.