Hitachi TRK-6700H

alisonrs

Member (SA)
Hi,
I am trying to refurbish my old Hitachi TRK-6700H boombox. Right off the bat I can't seem to get it open. I've removed all the screws from the back, including the one in the battery compartment. I took off the side tuning knob and the top levers. The bottom comes open, but it still seems to be hung up on something and I hate to crack anything. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
You might have to remove all the knobs and look inside the cassette player door for hidden screws, some of these minis the front case pulls off and most of the innards stay attached to the back case.

Make sure the cassette door is open when you try to pull it apart.

Van Presence

Member (SA)
I had trouble getting mine apart too. I think it was the cassette keys. They are sort of stuck onto the case with a strip of fabric stuff. It had partly unstuck and grabbed on to things while trying to swivel off the case. It took me like an hour to work it out. I think I managed to see them just enough to get something in to flick/hold them out of the way. Think it was the tuner string it grabbed. Really didn't want to break that. I'll try finding a photo of mine later.

alisonrs

Member (SA)
Thanks for the hints. A little more patience and a bit more muscle got it apart. Then one of the belts fell out. I'm hoping that's all it needs. Plus a good cleaning.