Does this ever work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've been trying to sell a boombox for $50 start with a $75 BIN

[ebay]221642700246[/ebay]

You've relisted it four more times for the same $50 start/$75 BIN but no takers...

[ebay]321630067682[/ebay]

[ebay]321635996902[/ebay]

[ebay]321635997501[/ebay]

[ebay]221662306581[/ebay]

The last boombox like yours to sell went for $40 bux and change...

[ebay]171634426582[/ebay]

Obviously, you conclude that you weren't asking enough. So let's now list it at a $400 start...

[ebay]321649177155[/ebay]

BTW, no AC adapter included and “it does shows sings of previous use. some mall scratches, tear, wear”

Oh, and there's another one going off for a mere $89.95 with free shipping.

[ebay]400763077310[/ebay]

Superduper

Staff member
All I can say is don't buy it. He's not the first to employ this tactic and I'm sure not the last. After 15 years of eBay, I stopped trying to psychoanalyze or obsess over why someone does something a certain way. If I think something is a good deal, I buy. If it's out of line, I skip and never look back. I will say however that I've seen many times where an item is listed over & over... no takers. Then listed again and now a bidding war, go figure.

Are you interested in this box?

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
I'm not sure if that will work...but the sellers feedback alone, along with the weird style of selling tactic would make me stay clear... :yes:

zup3qw.jpg

Superduper said:
All I can say is don't buy it. He's not the first to employ this tactic and I'm sure not the last. After 15 years of eBay, I stopped trying to psychoanalyze or obsess over why someone does something a certain way. If I think something is a good deal, I buy. If it's out of line, I skip and never look back. I will say however that I've seen many times where an item is listed over & over... no takers. Then listed again and now a bidding war, go figure.

Are you interested in this box?
No, I already have one. Was just curious to see how 'my box' was doing on eBay - only paid $30 with shipping for mine and mine came with the adapter.

Lasonic TRC-920

What I have learned from 16 years of eBaying is...

Not doing eBay Seller research = making a bad purchase

98% seller rating does not = good seller

Buying from China directly = 0.2% chance of success

Busting your ass to keep 100% rating and treating your customers right is the only way to do business

and lastly eBay is a RIP OFF buying or selling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.