Can anybody help with my GF-9494?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Boomus Fidelis
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
When you pull the flywheel, make sure you don't lose the tape counter pulley (it slides off the capstan shaft when you lift out the flywheel). - Don't try to remove the pulley from the shaft - let it come off when you remove the flywheel.

Also, don't lose the tiny washer that sits between the flywheel and the bearing casing.

Good luck.
Very good advise! It is so easy to lose both of them. I was off and on my knees and then spend an hour to fine one. :w00t: :-D

PGDowling17

Member (SA)
Out she comes.

I notice the 2 smaller belts are slightly different lengths. Which goes where?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 8

PGDowling17

Member (SA)
Nevermimd, I figured it out. I've replaced the belts, cleaned up the flywheel post and added the new rubber tubing. I'm almost done re-assembling it, but I've noticed this issue with the casing. The bottom corner screw hole is broken, so the screw won't turn at all. Is there any fix for this?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 5

Fatdog

Staff member
Broken screw posts are really more of a restoration item than a tech item. Several members have repaired broken posts using various methods. Search for "screw post" in the Restoration section. ;-)

hopey

Member (SA)
I have worked on a couple of these Boxes. Another problem can be the fast forward and rew functions. The tolerances are super fine and finding replacements aren't an option. I use a fine grade sand paper to re face the rubber pinion one on the front which runs off the capsan pin. The other on the back which runs off the flywheel. The spring on the capsan roller looses pressure so give that a tweak also.

Status
Not open for further replies.