Any clue what model boombox this is?

Superduper

Staff member
Some of you know that I have a huge service manual library. I have a bunch of manuals that do not have any model or brand in the literature, which is puzzling because a reference is useless unless people knows what it’s a reference for. These style manuals often have an ink model # stamped by hand and I’ve googled to find out those are Samsung models, back when Samsung wasn’t nearly the giant they are today. This manual, while similar however has no such stamp but it’s clearly printed in the same vein as other Samsung manuals so it’s very likely that’s what this is for, although I’ll be honest, I have Goldstar manuals that are very similar too and goldstar is another Korean brand. Anyone recognize this boombox so I can catalog this and associate it with an actual model?

IMG_9015.jpeg

dubout

Member (SA)
The speakers look a bit similar to a GOLD STAR TSR-911. The layout of the knobs on the machine is quite different, though. Sorry for not being of any help :blush:

dubout

Member (SA)
Searching for Samsung Boomboxes I came across this model (Samsung - P-32 S):
https://wikiboombox.com/Samsung P-32 ;)

The knob layout is strikingly similar although the window of the cassette door and the tweeter grills look different.

Also this one but still minor differences in the design (Samsung P-34L):

Reli

Boomus Fidelis
Definitely a Samsung, since the font is the same on all Samsung service manuals. Goldstar doesn't use that font.

dubout

Member (SA)
Definitely looks like it or an aka.
Nice job.
The speakers and the knob layout, even the microphone 'grills' look the same. But the tape door with the stripes and the part left and right of the tape window looks different so this still could only be an aka?! Still the best I could find.