Boomboxes IN Boxes

Superduper

Member (SA)
Those boomboxes are nice but I'm drooling over that car stereo equipment.
Jesus Floyd, how the hell did you manage to see the minute detail in the fringes like that? :hmmm: :blink::-O

It's a Soundstream TC-305, preamp outs only, no internal amp. Built like it's a solid brick of lead. I had that in one of my old muscle cars but it's not been in a vehicle for almost 40 years. Dusty as heck and the tiny allen screws that attach the pull-out handle bracket need to be de-rusted. :-O I'm sure the belts need refreshing too at the least. I have way too much old car stereo stuff... I'm a friggen pack rat. I collect all the old stuff because it's all sentimental, thinking someday, I'll reinstall it into some car. But I haven't bought another muscle car in forever since I sold my corvette. They cost more than a heart transplant these days. I even have a fresh '70 454, casting #3963512, a motor waiting for a body but I think I'm just gonna have to sell it since the chances of getting a decent body for something I can afford has evaporated. Anyone got a spare SS454 chevelle or monte-carlo or Nova, or el Camino body just sitting around? No? How about just a non-perforated Vega then? No?

IMG_7396.jpg

Reactions: floyd

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Jesus Floyd, how the hell did you manage to see the minute detail in the fringes like that? :hmmm: :blink::-O

It's a Soundstream TC-305, preamp outs only, no internal amp. Built like it's a solid brick of lead. I had that in one of my old muscle cars but it's not been in a vehicle for almost 40 years. Dusty as heck and the tiny allen screws that attach the pull-out handle bracket need to be de-rusted. :-O I'm sure the belts need refreshing too at the least. I have way too much old car stereo stuff... I'm a friggen pack rat. I collect all the old stuff because it's all sentimental, thinking someday, I'll reinstall it into some car. But I haven't bought another muscle car in forever since I sold my corvette. They cost more than a heart transplant these days. I even have a fresh '70 454, casting #3963512, a motor waiting for a body but I think I'm just gonna have to sell it since the chances of getting a decent body for something I can afford has evaporated. Anyone got a spare SS454 chevelle or monte-carlo or Nova, or el Camino body just sitting around? No? How about just a non-perforated Vega then? No?

View attachment 56183
It's about the same with me.
I have way too much stuff that I'll never use but can't part with.
I had a tc 308. 305 I can't remember which but it was a great unit. The shape of the tuner area was the giveaway . there's not many stereos that have that shape.

Eddy

Member (SA)
May 20, 2009
Here's something you don't see everyday. Or every week. Or every year and decade! Should delight all Sony FH-7 fans out there.

Yep, it's a unicorn and rumor and legend, but it actually exists! THIS is the optional DC power supply unit that no FH-7 seems to have. One would think that it's merely an empty shell to house batteries right? Wrong. The FH-7 amplifiers are extremely high powered and needs high (mains) voltage to do that. Batteries wouldn't even light the LEDs. So in order to make the FH-7 a true portable that you can take to camp grounds, etc, you'll need this which will replace the entire amp unit on the bottom. It has it's own amplifier designed and suitable for battery operation. Oh, and I think it takes 12 D cells.

View attachment 56105
I have one of these too . The red version18122022035.jpg

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa

View attachment 56183
I had one of those Soundstream head units in my 84 Camaro. damn I love that car if nothing else because it had a good stereo. Only reason I got rid of it because I traded it for top of the line Sony CDX and that thing sounded f****** amazing.

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Box mostly complete and image on box is outstanding!!! This 909 is In amazing shape
Need to do some maintenance work on the decks some day 01046834-9D5A-4BA5-A0C3-FD13909A1961.jpeg

Reactions: floyd

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Sony CFS-D7. Well built Sony. One of the first with a digital tuner. Neat cassette buttons that ‘click’ away.
On the box it says House Of Fraser ( an old UK Department store)

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Sony CFS-D7. Well built Sony. One of the first with a digital tuner. Neat cassette buttons that ‘click’ away.
On the box it says House Of Fraser ( an old UK Department store)
Seen this one in the flesh and its a beauty and built like a tank!

Superduper

Member (SA)
Ok laugh all you want, but I don't care. I like it, and it serves a purpose. In fact, I like these so much I have 3 of them (2 still in box), just in case one ever breaks (still hasn't). It has line out in case you want to hook up to a powerful amp, it has remote, it can be wall mounted (remove the base), it can be battery operated, it's only like 2-3" thick so it works well mounted on the wall and takes up NO desk space. Plays AM/FM, Aux, CD. Doesn't have tape but I hardly use tape anyhow and if I really wanted to, there's AUX-in.

Fisher_Slim-1500.jpg

Last edited: