Boomboxes IN Boxes

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Royce been holding out on us . wow lol.
Seeing these boxes new like that it's just like seeing then back when they were new to us.
Back then you didn't see wore out raggedy ass boomboxes like you do now cuz everything was new. Come to think of it my whole collection is wore out raggedy ass boom boxes lol .

Reactions: Brutus442

Superduper

Member (SA)
cp-99_box.jpg

cp-99.jpg

cp99_buttons.jpg

Here's my beloved CP-99W. The Sansui CP-7 is better known and gets all the attention because it sure looks great and is compact. The sansui CP-99W on the other hand has the looks of later model hollow cheap stuff. However, don't let the looks fool you, this is the real deal. This is one of my most powerful boomboxes. You need to be careful when operating the volume control. The deck buttons are all metal, and the logic controls feel like it's a home deck. Oh and did I mention they have autoreverse decks. Plus it's rare as heck. This is probably one of the last boomboxes I'd get rid of in my collection. There is a Sony in my collection that looks a little like this with built in CD and that one also is a keeper and uber rare.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Disclaimer: I do not own the cardboard box. Only the radio. But think it's cool to show this photo and see that it calls out the color. Very cool
Gold C100 box.jpg

I do own the radio though.
20220706_131220.jpg
My apologies if the OP was intending on posters showing their original box and radio. I wish I had the boxes to a few of my vintage radios. I have the boxes to all of my more modern purchases.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
View attachment 56115

View attachment 56116

View attachment 56117

Here's my beloved CP-99W. The Sansui CP-7 is better known and gets all the attention because it sure looks great and is compact. The sansui CP-99W on the other hand has the looks of later model hollow cheap stuff. However, don't let the looks fool you, this is the real deal. This is one of my most powerful boomboxes. You need to be careful when operating the volume control. The deck buttons are all metal, and the logic controls feel like it's a home deck. Oh and did I mention they have autoreverse decks. Plus it's rare as heck. This is probably one of the last boomboxes I'd get rid of in my collection. There is a Sony in my collection that looks a little like this with built in CD and that one also is a keeper and uber rare.
I bought one of these from the original owner but I sold it soon after I should have kept that damn thing I can tell you it is one of the highest quality boomboxes that can be had and very powerful indeed.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Seeing these boxes new like that it's just like seeing then back when they were new to us.
Back then you didn't see wore out raggedy ass boomboxes like you do now cuz everything was new. Come to think of it my whole collection is wore out raggedy ass boom boxes lol .
I prefer the wore out raggedy ass ones…I’m not careful enough to be trusted with minters lol

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
just want to thank everyone in this thread i would post mine but im just to ill at the moment lads..... god bless all:beer2:

Superduper

Member (SA)
qfx1.jpg

qfx2.jpg

I got the "X-BASS" version, :-O:thumbsup::-P:agree:. I found this in a local NFM store, thought I'd buy it "just because." Don't know what it is, what it sounds like, or anything about it, and I've never even opened it, not like I needed another music squawk box, I have plenty all over the house anyways. Box says you can record from the tape to the MP3 or SD card ports. Well, being "in-the-box", it's nothing special because you can get these new, probably ebay or something since I doubt they have more in the stores. But it qualifies for this thread so, here it is.

Reactions: floyd