So I bought a bus!

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
Midlife crisis I guess. My wife and I will eventually sell our house and hit the road to find a new place to live. We love Arizona but looking for a change. Perhaps Kentucky, Tennessee, the Carolinas? So I bought a school bus rear engine with a Cummins 8.3 and Allison 6 speed transmission. I chopped the roof and raised it, welded in RV window frames but haven't cut them out yet. I will be chopping off the skirting and building a lower section for storage, water, batteries, generator and A/C units. My business took off last year despite the coronavirus. I still have my radios and once we are done cruising around they will all come to their new home. We weathered the Covid over the holidays and finally got our second shots last week. In February, I bought a street bike and got my motorcycle endorsement on my CDL. We still have our Satinette pigeons. Nothing has really changed over here.I miss you guys and hope all is well.

Attachments

• IMG_4742.jpeg
    IMG_4742.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5242.jpeg
    IMG_5242.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5766.jpeg
    IMG_5766.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 31
  • tempImageCuNdGd.png
    tempImageCuNdGd.png
    715.1 KB · Views: 29

JT Techno

Member (SA)
Great news re survival. And simply wow re the bus conversion - simply amazing - what adventures you will have - top work - wishing you well

Reactions: MesaAZGuy

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
Always wanted to own an RV something that I could pull a trailer or a carry a motorcycle on and just go places. The work you've done is amazing.

JimmieJam

Member (SA)
Midlife crisis I guess. My wife and I will eventually sell our house and hit the road to find a new place to live. We love Arizona but looking for a change. Perhaps Kentucky, Tennessee, the Carolinas? So I bought a school bus rear engine with a Cummins 8.3 and Allison 6 speed transmission. I chopped the roof and raised it, welded in RV window frames but haven't cut them out yet. I will be chopping off the skirting and building a lower section for storage, water, batteries, generator and A/C units. My business took off last year despite the coronavirus. I still have my radios and once we are done cruising around they will all come to their new home. We weathered the Covid over the holidays and finally got our second shots last week. In February, I bought a street bike and got my motorcycle endorsement on my CDL. We still have our Satinette pigeons. Nothing has really changed over here.I miss you guys and hope all is well.
I live in the Number 1 city in America that people are moving to ....you might like it. Wilmington NC
. https://www.wect.com/2021/01/05/study-wilmington-number-country-inbound-moves/

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
I have been playing around on Zillow to find a new place. The Carolinas are open as an option too. I want at least an acre with a smaller house. Really estate has skyrocketed in the Phoenix area. My house is up 500k since I bought it. Our goal is to be mortgage free with the next one from the proceeds of this one. In reality we can't move for another three years. My wife's dad is living with us now, I need to finish the bus and finally I don't want to give up my business just yet. It is no surprise that NY/NY is the main areas of egress. My wife and I left NYC in 2001 for Chandler, AZ. Today we see many plates from NY driving around here. Typically NY'ers move to Florida while Chicagoans move to AZ. We have an influx of Californians, Seattleites and Floridians moving here. Of course there's still the NY/NY crowd who thinks a 500-900k tract home is a bargain!

Reactions: JimmieJam

goodman

Member (SA)
Hello again. Surviving Covid is very good news.
Good luck with your projects. Post some messages and pic when you have time.

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
I don’t think pigeon tastes all that good. Watched an episode of Gordon Ramsey hunting for them somewhere in England. He was being taught to rip the skin completely off them inside out. Honestly, it was quite disgusting to watch! This comes from a person who does not like to even touch any kind of raw meat. I’d be dead from lack of meat if my wife didn’t prepare the meals...

Anyway, space size doesn’t really matter as we get older. Keeping costs down on a fixed income takes priority as we age. It’s time to sell shite off and start enjoying life. We only have one shot and are here “for a limited time only”!

Reactions: Radio raheem

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
im only kidding about the pigeons my Friend....i had duck a few weeks ago and if im honest there is no meat on them

as you may have read most of my collection is gone, i gave them away for some space and i never used them

the crown 970 is the last box i have bought and no doubt my last one.....looks so much better than the m90 which sadly is grey lol but the m90 and the c100 are still the kings of the one piece world imho