Hello

DutchNick

May 28, 2022
New Zealand
Thanks for having me on board. I'm Nick, living in New Zealand, keen collector and restorer of boomboxes. Most here seem to end their useful lives as radios for car workshops or house painters. I know this from having to strip them down to bare shells and wash off the petrochemical residues in the laundry tub, or spend hours with the universe's best scrapers - thumbnails - removing paint flecks. Does anyone know of an artificial equivalent? I seem to have developed an attraction to Sharp WQT & WFT "Twincam" boxes to the point where I could almost rebuild their complex drives in my sleep. Sanyo M-series are becoming a common feature too. I'm interested in any techniques to restore graphics and chrome, thanks in advance! Cheers.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Thanks for having me on board. I'm Nick, living in New Zealand, keen collector and restorer of boomboxes. Most here seem to end their useful lives as radios for car workshops or house painters. I know this from having to strip them down to bare shells and wash off the petrochemical residues in the laundry tub, or spend hours with the universe's best scrapers - thumbnails - removing paint flecks. Does anyone know of an artificial equivalent? I seem to have developed an attraction to Sharp WQT & WFT "Twincam" boxes to the point where I could almost rebuild their complex drives in my sleep. Sanyo M-series are becoming a common feature too. I'm interested in any techniques to restore graphics and chrome, thanks in advance! Cheers.
Welcome !.
Those kind of skills are useful around here and appreciated.