Great eBayer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark GF-575

Member (SA)
If a boombox comes up for sale on eBay from the UK seller difficultsite (they do from time to time) then have no worries when it comes to packaging!
This was how my Sharp GF-575 was packaged!!!

Believe me there was alot of newspaper and foam in there!!!

gf1.jpg

gf3.jpg

gf2.jpg

gf4.jpg

docs

Member (SA)
Hi Mark,
That is truly terrible packaging is why.
I am so sick of people shipping boomboxes like this. Newspaper is not going to save it from any damage.
If it arrived undamaged, you got lucky.
The ends of the stereo look to be against the edge of the box, although it is hard to tell if that was inside another box.
Still, very poor quality packaging.

Mark GF-575

Member (SA)
It had loads more packaging than that had alot of foam mixed in with the newspaper as well plus it was doubleboxed and lined with lots of cardboard. :yes: I thought it was a good job. :yes: Put this way I ended up with two binbags full of packing :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Boomus Fidelis
Mark GF-575 said:
It had loads more packaging than that had alot of foam mixed in with the newspaper as well plus it was doubleboxed and lined with lots of cardboard. :yes: I thought it was a good job. :yes: Put this way I ended up with two binbags full of packing :thumbsup:

It needs lots of bubble wrap as well :yes:

Northerner

Boomus Fidelis
I know the do's and don'ts tips for packing and agree completely with them :thumbsup: ...however, I've seen way way worse packing than this one. I think for a seller who isn't a collector its not a bad effort really, albeit not great, they've at least surrounded it with a lot of stuff...I got one where it wasn't even in a cardboard box, it literally just had a thin sheet of cardboard taped to each side with no other packing whatsover :nonono: . So whilst I wouldn't expect a collector (who knows how to do it properly) to pack one like this I'd be fairly satisfied with this. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.