A great track for Freestyle lovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
Nocera - Summertime Summertime

I remember that song when it was out back in 1986 and recently started hearin' it again on a radio station in Philly that mixes up old and new music... It always sounded Madonna-like.

Admittedly, I kinda feel sad listening to that track 'cause 1986 was a great year... So many great memories,... great music... :sad:

Anyway, that's definitely boombox material and when I get the chance (and some good metal tapes), I'm gonna go to the nearby field and rock that! :cool:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
Hi Monolithic-I have this 12" single.Yes great memories associated with this song.
Back in the good old days!!
Thanks for posting that-GB, :-) :-D

Fatdog

Staff member
I think I have the 12" of that also. Anything with Mantronix is gonna be freshhhhh! :dj:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
Hi Bobby-I have some Mantronix singles as well.
I think one is called "Who Is It".
I'll have to check those out again.
Most of my albums are in storage,
Have a great day-GB. :-)

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
i heard a song last night Linda had on a cd she made, while coming back from the drive in, ( we had a good time, have to bring a boombox next time cause those little speakers you hang on the car blow) anyway I really like the beat and I guess synthesizers on this song I believe it is by Donna Summer, I feel love. probably would sound good on a boombox

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
i have 6 Mantronix songs if anyone wants any, they are Mp3's though, Mantronix was always one of my favorite groups.

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
Ghettoboom767 said:
Hi Bobby-I have some Mantronix singles as well.
I think one is called "Who Is It".

I bought that 12" single when it dropped... :cool: I still have it somewhere. I believe that's the single they dropped when they left Sleeping Bag records and joined Capitol records back in 1988.

I've got the first 2 Mantronix CD's (plus a few other songs of theirs), Just-Ice CD's, T-La Rock's CD, and a few more Mantronik produced Freestyle tracks by Joyce Simms... If anybody needs anything, send me a PM. ;-)

I bet some people don't realize it, but Mantronik was the Pharrell of his day (if Pharrell says that Mantronik didn't influence him, I'd call him a damn liar)... and waaaaay ahead of his time! :cool:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
Hi Monolithic-I have a Joyce Simms single: "Come Into My Life"- I think that's it.
Great song!!
You have good taste in music!
Have a great one-GB. :-)

2steppa

Member (SA)
Mantronix? Now we're talking!

Favourites for me have got to be:

Mantronix - Ladies
Terry Billy - Don't Lock Me Out
Joyce Sims - Lifetime Love
Just Ice - Cold Gettin' Dumb
Just Ice - Back To The Old School

Kurtis Mantronik is just a pure legend in dance/hiphop music :cool:

ford93

Member (SA)
I met Nocera sometime around late 80's in the Soho section of Mahattan NYC actually my friend from work spotted her, and we had a great time talking to her. She's kinda cute and very friendly man those were the dayz.

Status
Not open for further replies.