Philips D8354 - Grease type?

Serranian

Aug 2, 2021
France
Hi there!

I haven't been very active for a while, but I'm back on the Boombox Republic now. I've recently acquired a Philips D8354 very much like this one:
D8354.jpg

The difference though is that my unit is (very) dirty and (very) faulty, and will require A LOT of love to shine again. The radio is fine, but ofc the cassette deck is dead. The constant motor buzz (even on radio mode) gave me an idea of the problem, and it was confirmed as soon as I opened the unit and found some broken cog parts. The infamous shitty-plastic-curse-from-Philips have striked yet another device.

Luckily now you can find replacement parts quite easily, but that leads to my question: once I'll have the old mechanism cleaned from all the sticky old grease and the cogs replaced, what kind of new lubricant should I use? I've found the service manual but there's nothing about lubrification in there, and I really don't want to put the wrong grease in there. It'd be great is some of you had knowledge to share :)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I wouldn't actually use anything but that is me, be warned any Philips deck is a nightmare to do from what i'm told and you may end up using a sledghammer lol