My First boombox project is a GF-9000

Obuffalo

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2020
UK
Well it's working and it really sounds good considering, belts need doing (I think) thanks for your help so far Superduper, literally took less than 10 minutes to fix, a little vid. I'll do belts next and give it a run but I intend to do some additions like the ghettoled (without drilling holes and hoping to use the capacitive touch buttons instead as suggested by dancorp and a Bluetooth module that will work off the phono selector on the box. I believe it's possible just got to find the right components and placement. I want this box to look stock. It's too pretty to interfere with but I want the led and Bluetooth mods. Any ideas or comments will be greatfully received. And thanks again Super duperand everyone else who contributed so far.
You can probably get 10Ω flameproof resistors which will likely work fine, and a better choice than 12Ω regular resistors or even use a pair of 2+10 ohm in series, but unless you plan to plug the unit into the wrong AC mains again, should be fine. However, I'm not sure what you mean when you say encapsulate. If you mean the leads, yes. If you mean the body, NO. Putting shrink wrap, or any other coating besides ceramic will trap the heat more and probably turn a resistor that normally would not flame up into a stinky smoky fireball. Heatshrink tubing or any other plastic tube is almost certain to be combustible. Just stand the resistor body off from the PCB and you should be fine.

• Love
Reactions: Radio raheem