Finally a display...

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
stunning mike////// all, my gppd ones are gone now as i have sold up so i truly take off my hat to you're collection lad

i am now the king of mickey mouse lol

Last edited:

Michiel

Member (SA)
Dec 29, 2012
Netherlands
Thanks guys :) I remembered that you liked Pioneers Brutus. My holy grail is still the Sk-95, but still didn't manage to get one. I like the SK-31 too because of it looks. Don't have that one either. Pioneers are a bit hard to get here. My daily driver is an SK-757, still from the times when they sold them nib in Spain.

RR maybe you just did the right thing by selling most of the boxes. It's kind of a burden to have too many ;)

It looks a bit calm here? Is everybody to facebook? Or is there no interest in bbx anymore?

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Thanks guys :) I remembered that you liked Pioneers Brutus. My holy grail is still the Sk-95, but still didn't manage to get one. I like the SK-31 too because of it looks. Don't have that one either. Pioneers are a bit hard to get here. My daily driver is an SK-757, still from the times when they sold them nib in Spain.

RR maybe you just did the right thing by selling most of the boxes. It's kind of a burden to have too many ;)

It looks a bit calm here? Is everybody to facebook? Or is there no interest in bbx anymore?
I lusted after the Pioneer SK for years as a teen and was fortunate enough (with some help from the guys here) to find my first SK-95 and then a year later another which I use as a parts "back up" box but it still works so I've left it alone.
IMG_1749.JPG
I have noticed it's very quiet around here but I'm hopeful it's because its the summer and more members are vacationing, but I do find many of the old members have gone AWOL so maybe we're a hobby that dies out as we age on? I'm not on Facebook so I can't speak for that but I do know my kids laugh at my wife for staying on Facebook. Apparently it's the "old persons social media" now. lol

• Love
Reactions: Radio raheem

ny935

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2019
I lusted after the Pioneer SK for years as a teen and was fortunate enough (with some help from the guys here) to find my first SK-95 and then a year later another which I use as a parts "back up" box but it still works so I've left it alone.
View attachment 57143
I have noticed it's very quiet around here but I'm hopeful it's because its the summer and more members are vacationing, but I do find many of the old members have gone AWOL so maybe we're a hobby that dies out as we age on? I'm not on Facebook so I can't speak for that but I do know my kids laugh at my wife for staying on Facebook. Apparently it's the "old persons social media" now. lol
I have an SK-95, actually for sale. Are the grills supposed to just pull off. Tried to remove mine but didn't want to damage it. Seemed pretty snug.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
"Are the grills supposed to just pull off. Tried to remove mine but didn't want to damage it. Seemed pretty snug."

Yes the grills do just pull off but they need a bit of persuasion :)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
hey mike i do have boxes left but all the valuable ones are gone lad........i do have my old very scruffy m90 left but nobody would want that lol

i'm more into amps these days buddy. here are a couple of them
;;
ok cant show amps says image to big not sure what to do about that lad

Reactions: Brutus442

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
DSCN0172.JPG the pioneer sa9800 took me `15 years to get geoff due to insane prices, its a dual mono amp unlike the 2 8800 i have.....bought her way cheaper as she had no knobs and the wooden case was all beat up lad, changed it for a normal black metal one, they look way way better in the flesh........last pic from me as not to hijack mikes wonderful thread

Last edited:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i'm guessing geoff but i mist have 10 15 amps lad but the 9800 and that lit up technics sa tx 50 are the last amps for me lad i'm lucky to have them
especially the 9800....if only they were cheaper more people could have them......i remember on several occasions trying to sell what box collection i had just to get one my friend, funny thing is tho the 9800 is on kitchen duty lol

Last edited: