Anyone Remember this Boombox Video ?

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
remember that one paul lad great vid..........reminds me of the guy i once met that said his box took 15 d's i could smell it miles away lol....when he heard my m90 he gave up haaha

Reactions: floyd and Brutus442

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
i just found the store on Fakebook, they still exist, and Looks like they have a lot of boxes, i looked at a picture from a couple of weeks back and there's a Lasonic 931 in the back ground. And they uploaded this picture on the 8th April. so if anyone is near Milton Ontario, Go See.. i bet they're expensive though.. Toyratt CANADA.jpg

Reactions: Radio raheem

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Nope I've had the basterds fall apart because on some boxes the handle in the up position holds the damn speakers on . if the handle falls down it self destructs lol.
those big silvers come to mind lad, glad they are gone lol
the m90 may have her faults lad but at least the speakers don't fall off lol

Last edited:
Reactions: floyd

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
Out of the silver boxes I've seen over the years about half of them were missing the speakers. People probably got tired of them falling off .
i've had the Silver 5000, that had Quite good speaker locks, but i think it was the handle lock type, so if the handle was up there was no way them speakers were coming off, but when the handle went down by accident (which it did, a lot) the speakers would just fall off, but the 8000 and 8800, the speaker locks are a bit garbage, they have a slider on top to lock them, but all you have to do is knock them and they totally skip the locks and just fall off, i like the Quality of the boxes though, they are Quite nice radios, the original speakers are a bit bassless and distort a lot, but with replacement woofers they sound nice, Only issue for me though is they are Massive heavy things. Not recommended to carry them any where, they're similar to the Philips D8644, big, heavy and docile. so always best to find a good spot in the house and leave them there.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
i've had the Silver 5000, that had Quite good speaker locks, but i think it was the handle lock type, so if the handle was up there was no way them speakers were coming off, but when the handle went down by accident (which it did, a lot) the speakers would just fall off, but the 8000 and 8800, the speaker locks are a bit garbage, they have a slider on top to lock them, but all you have to do is knock them and they totally skip the locks and just fall off, i like the Quality of the boxes though, they are Quite nice radios, the original speakers are a bit bassless and distort a lot, but with replacement woofers they sound nice, Only issue for me though is they are Massive heavy things. Not recommended to carry them any where, they're similar to the Philips D8644, big, heavy and docile. so always best to find a good spot in the house and leave them there.
These are nice . I just haven't been able to afford one. I would put some kind of locking mech on the speakers though so I don't lose my patients with it lol. I always thought these were a great looking boombox with some decent quality.