Panasonic cw200 deck loud humm issue

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Seems somewhat intermittent but adjusting volume up presents a humm which is loud and only on decks.

i’m not sure if the decks should have a grounding cable attached to a securing screw, cant find a loose cable either.

I’ve cleaned leaf switches and controls, something specific to the decks.

Anyone have a photo of anything grounding the decks ?

the left most ge slider which affects bass seems to make it worse the more bass is added and the humm disappears with this set low. Will investigate that area I think.

Last edited:

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Does noone have this model?
I've checked the service manual and have not been able to find any deck grounding cables.
If someone does remember they have one of these please let me know if you can check the decks for any grounding cables. Issue only seen on the decks.
Thx.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I have several Dave, i no longer feel confident in taking one apart due to blindness, i wish i could help but the last boombox i took apart was thrown out as i couldn't see what i was doing and lost half the parts bro, damn i wish i could help lad

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
I have found there can be break down in the insulation on the audio cables coming off the head. Try to completely separate this cable from any metal work to clear the ground fault or replace.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have loud humming noise from a Sony 590 deck after I replaced the belts on that. It was working well except for the loose belt before I replaced the belts.
It is crazy...