Bobby comes through again...part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Hi Gents,

Not to steal any of Bill's thunder in his previous post but I thought it was fitting that I also selected the Fatdog deluxe 60W cling for my M90. I would have posted these pics earlier (the package arrived in record time!) but we didn't have nice weather for outside boombox photography.

Once again, Thanks Bobby, I appreciate the work that went into making ALL of the labels!

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Oh my good Lord!

That JVC with label looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Bobby is amazing! So creative with Ultimate perfection! I saved even the envelope and package he used to send my GF777 Label. :yes:

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
baddboybill said:
Very nice :-). And Bobby is an awesome guy :thumbsup: Can I ask which model letter/s you have? ;-)

Bad Boy Bill

Hi Bill,

Im assuming you're refering to the model, correct?

If so here's a picture that would explain it better than I can :sad:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Brutus442 said:
baddboybill said:
Very nice :-). And Bobby is an awesome guy :thumbsup: Can I ask which model letter/s you have? ;-)

Bad Boy Bill

Hi Bill,

Im assuming you're refering to the model, correct?

If so here's a picture that would explain it better than I can :sad:

Nice ;-). Very nice :-)

Bad Boy Bill

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Hi Bill,

Now I have an obvious question based on the last pic. Was the M90 made with different power ratings (across the JVC/ Victor) lineup?

If so, why? Did the ever market these boxes with a 70W cling?? I've never heard or seen one...?

Was the 70W version exclusive to the North American market or Canadian (assuming "C" means Canadian)?

Thanks in advance

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Brutus442 said:
Hi Bill,

Now I have an obvious question based on the last pic. Was the M90 made with different power ratings (across the JVC/ Victor) lineup?

If so, why? Did the ever market these boxes with a 70W cling?? I've never heard or seen one...?

Was the 70W version exclusive to the North American market or Canadian (assuming "C" means Canadian)?

Thanks in advance
I'm not sure. I have the W version which has a 70 watt input rating. The 40/60 watt decal's is for output. I know the different wattage inputs are because of the 2 different amps they use ;-)

Bad Boy Bill

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
The "Big Power" labels were usually found on the C version. However, since M90s have the same output, I guess you could mix and match labels and suffixes.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Brutus442 said:
Thanks Bill and Bobby,

That clears it up. I mistakenly assumed it was an output rating.

Cheers!
:thumbsup: well the 40/60 watt is suppose to be an output rating. Like I said though there were 2 different model amp chips used and I believe one is rated as higher output and that's where the difference is :hmmm: don't quote me on it though :lol:

Bad Boy Bill

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
The 40W is straight out 20W per channel power.

The 60W is 30W per channel PMP (aka PMPO) and most of us already know that PMPO is nothing more than pulling a number out of anal cavities to enhance marketing. :lol:

In essence, they are all pretty much 40W output - with brand new components. ;-)

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Fatdog said:
The 40W is straight out 20W per channel power.

The 60W is 30W per channel PMP (aka PMPO) and most of us already know that PMPO is nothing more than pulling a number out of anal cavities to enhance marketing. :lol:

In essence, they are all pretty much 40W output - with brand new components. ;-)
Bobby then how do you explain the two separate input wattages of 61 watts and 70 watts :hmmm:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
My understanding, according to years of discussion on the topic, is that different power consumption labels for the same boombox (internally) are dependent upon the country it is manufactured for. Something to do with voltages, amps, and cycles. :yes:

Bill, I thought the M90 only ever used the AN7156 IC amp. Have you seen a different one listed somewhere? :huh:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Fatdog said:
My understanding, according to years of discussion on the topic, is that different power consumption labels for the same boombox (internally) are dependent upon the country it is manufactured for. Something to do with voltages, amps, and cycles. :yes:

Bill, I thought the M90 only ever used the AN7156 IC amp. Have you seen a different one listed somewhere? :huh:
Not sure of model numbers but I heard they used a Panasonic and Sanyo chip :hmmm: this is what I heard but can not confirm :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.